Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

Man, this sleeve. Who ever heard of a sleeve warranting all of this attention, blog time, my time, and knitting time. The sweater has been hanging around for a few years now, I am ashamed to say, so I am anxious to get it done. Yesterday I made great progress...today, however was another matter. I picked it up and didn't bother to check my chart and off I went, found a mistake, fixed it and I just continued to knit...then I thought I'd better get my chart caught up with my markers and there it was, I neglected a bobble...oh for crying out loud, and believe me I felt like crying. So I ripped it back two rows and put it aside. Tomorrow is another day. So no photo of more progress tonight.

I picked up a book at the library I had reserved. It is Half The Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn. There is also an interesting website. The byline states 'turning oppression into opportunity for women worldwide'.

Not much to add other than I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have decided where it is held is not half as important as that we are all together. Julie went shopping and delivered the food tonight that I will be preparing tomorrow while she is at work. So far it looks like I will be making some pumpkin pies, stuffing, roasted vegetables, tomato sauce, lasagna, and the famous(in my family) Magic Cookie Bars. Julie will do the turkey and gravy and mashed potatoes and squash soup. So we have a plan. That feels better. Twenty four hours ago it was still too vague for me... Who knew, I need a plan...Julie and maybe Cheryl will come over tomorrow night and we will have fried breaded cauliflower together and finish any last minute things, but just relax together, hopefully. The Magic Cookie Bars will be tasted, they always are. But that is the fun of the holiday. My Grandson leaves for basic training in the Army after the holidays so we want these holidays to be special, good memories for him and for us, as we are not sure where he will be stationed( well yes, I do possibly, but I don't like to think about it just yet) and yes, so this needs to be just right we have determined.

Have a good evening. Thanks for reading. Peace.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger