Friday, November 27, 2009

Quiet Days...

I spent a very quiet day, with no agenda...nothing. I am not a shopper, so I did not nor have I ever participated in the Black Friday ritual. I think it is stupid myself. I prefer making my gifts or at least put a little more thought into them. I can't stand the mall during regular hours so I can not envision me getting up at some unnatural hour to go there. I also don't buy the pumping up the economy spin either.

Instead I painted for a good amount of the day and really enjoyed myself. I ate, had tea, talked with my friend on the phone, had pie, found my Christmas books( purely because I was searching for something else) and finally had popcorn and watched a Christmas movie, The Family Stone. I worked on my sleeve knitting and finally on the 3rd of 5 repeats and finished increasing, so humbly, I am on my way. Read previous posts to understand the humility...

When I opened my Christmas book box the top book was a gift from my friend Karole last Christmas. Last year she was excited about a book of readings for advent, Watch For The Light, and easy to see why. The authors of the writings were some of the best spiritual thinkers and writers, such as C.S. Lewis, Thomas Merton, Henri Nouwen, Annie Dillard, and Dorothy Day to name a few. My copy is special because she gave it to me for Christmas last year, during Advent. A few of us received it because she so wanted us to share in the gems she was reading...Anyway I pulled it out tonight and I had to thank her again. A book is like that...I felt like I had just opened the gift again.

Have a good night and thank you for reading. Peace...

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I agree 100% with you Carol... I do believe we are in the same mindset... it is nice to know others feel the same way...

Powered By Blogger