Saturday, November 28, 2009

Think Like A Tree


Think Like a Tree

by Karen I. Shragg

Soak up the sun
Affirm life's magic
Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling.

I thought I'd share a favorite poem...I love trees in all of their states. Right now they are at their most beautiful, most interesting... especially against a Fall sky. And as the poet, Karen I. Shragg, states in her poem, we have a lot to learn from trees. I tend to agree with her.

Thanks for reading and , yes..."be still long enough to hear your own leaves rustling." Peace

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

oh my.... a most wonderful landscape... and perfect poem ...

... not long ago I had a conversation with a friend on the beauty and strength of trees...

I love the line "Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky""... Thank you so much...

I will keep your grandson in my mind... but I wish he never had to go... take care...

Powered By Blogger