Friday, September 5, 2014

Thirty Paintings-Day 5

The thing that gets me up is the thought of that first cup of coffee in the morning.  Pretty ordinary but with many memories attached to the act.  I so enjoy it and feel revived like no other drink in the rest of my day.  I am also attached to my mug.  I like the feel of it in my hands.  I am a tactile person always checking how something feels and that includes mugs, bowls, and glasses.

It reminds me the many times we made pots of coffee for each other.  How many times did I wake to being handed a mug of coffee by Richard.  Or how I would set up the pot for him at night for the next morning because he had to get up at a ghastly 2 AM for work.  Having the the pot ready for him to just hit the switch seemed like the best thing to do, seeing as I was not getting up with him.  Almost to the end, while he could still swallow, I gave him a mug of coffee in the morning.  Now it is coffee alone...

                                                               Grey Morning
                                                                oil, 6"x6"

               

1 comment:

K Spoering said...

Lovely. And I feel the same about that first cup of morning coffee. It is almost a 'sacred' time.
I also feel the same about the cups I drink from. I'm pretty picky. I have a favorite few; all based on how they feel in my hands. I hate it when they are all dirty at once, and actually will wash one, rather than use a less favored one.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger