Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thirty Paintings-Day 23

It is said that it takes 21 days for a habit to form.   I tend to believe that.  It is becoming more common place for me to think about working in my studio than not on a daily basis.  I am now thinking about my work, what I will paint next for the challenge and even on a larger scale beyond the challenge.  I have a couple of things I want to explore from a couple of the small things I did over the last twenty odd days.

Today's subject was a challenge for me and I refused to give up for hours.  It was paint, scrape, paint...and repeat.  I found it difficult to really pull the mushroom color.  I saw it but was finding it hard because it is such a neutral color.  But challenge is good.  I guess my theme has turned to 'ordinary' food and Richard.  It is all good, just follow your brush.



                                                                   Mushrooms
                                                                    oil, 5"x7" canvas covered board

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger