Monday, September 15, 2014

Thirty Paintings-Day 14

Went with another tomato.  During this challenge I am also exploring techniques and watching and feeling what comes more natural.  What happens when I relax and get out of my head.  I am not looking for literal anymore. I want something more.  So today the edges were blurred, so much so that one is not sure where the tomato leaves off and the back ground begins.  A metaphor of my life these days.

A hard day.  Up early, way too early.  Needed to nap then a phone call from one of my wise daughter's who understood completely what had happened to me with the loss of her father, my husband and how I had to work through so much and how exhausting it all is.  But she encouraged me to stay with it and do what I needed from cry, scream, write, sleep, whatever it takes to get to the bottom of it, to me.  So I then had some lunch and began to work.

                                                            Tomatoes for Richard
                                                            oil, 6"x6" canvas panel
             

4 comments:

K Spoering said...

Two weeks, and 14 great paintings! Yea, you, for keeping at it!

I love the tomatoes - both of them. Did you use a painting knifr on this one?

cindy said...

Love this!!!! The melting tomato!!!!

Carol said...

Kathy, thank you! Thank you for the encouragement and yes, I used a knife. I sometimes use knife and brush in the same work, just depends what I am trying to attain at the moment. For some reason I loosen up with the knife, feeling wise.

Carol said...

Thank you, Cindy! Like old times when we were all blogging more regularly! Feels good.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger