Saturday, September 2, 2017


Sunset With Maggie
oil, 9"x12"

This is my Maggie from one of my favorite images of her.  My sweet girl breathed her last breath in my arms, July 13, 2017.  She was fifteen years old and I had the privilege of being her person from when she was seven weeks old.  I knew over the last year or so that my time with her was precious so I paid a lot of attention to her, did almost daily drawings of her, and I suppose after my husband's death four years ago, she became my purpose, my companion, my best friend.  I miss that little read dog so much.


                              "When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see
                                 that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
                                                                        ~Kahlil Gibran






Rest in peace my sweet girl.
Maggie  
June 7. 2002 - July 13, 2017

1 comment:

Loretta Marvel said...

You may get 2 of these- my comment seemed to disappear. We have aging dogs and one is going to have some surgery this week. So hard to see them fade away. Your painting is just wonderful and I hope it brings some comfort. Xoxo

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger