Friday, September 15, 2017

Flow, Day Fifteen

                                                                          Flow
                                                                 oil on canvas, 9"12"
#30paintingsin30days!


I am fifteen days into the challenge and I have to say, this is a great way to get refocused.  It so far has been a strange month, one of unexpected phone calls carrying news in the juxtaposition of the birth and a death.  So with that I have been spread a little thin.  But I found that if I start the day in my studio with my sketchbook and some drawing tools, be they dry of wet, and do a fast sketch I seem to actually end up painting for a few hours, which has been my goal.  But today I was looking at the sky, which I do a lot, and was thinking why not try clouds.  Or waves, or what ever.  This challenge also gives me the opportunity to try different techniques, subjects, and genres.   I am pleased to say I was thinking about tomorrows painting and started it!  A new subject for me.

So trying to stay ahead of the game and finish those two baby quilts by the 23rd of this month. Which by the way, both are pieced, layered with batting and backing, and I have begun the quilting on quilt number one and the count down now begins with the final week to work on them.  The mom just found out she was pregnant at the end of August and then found out they were twins! So it is my deal that I made a quilt for each grand child as they came over the years, with these two now starting the great grand baby quilt  thing.  I can not even believe this but a Gigi I will be.  That is what I think I will be to them.  All fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger