Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Waning, Day Twenty-seven

                                                                      The Waning
                                                                oil on canvas, 6"x 6"

#30paintingsin30days

I pulled the rest of my vegetable garden this evening.  It was a disappointing season with a cold rainy Spring, my battle with insects, and then a woodchuck.  I was able to harvest only one zucchini, which is usually unheard of!  My harvest as a whole was frustratingly spare, for all the work that went in to it, not to mention money.  But the season is past now, with the concept of impermanence being taught repeatedly.  I like Autumn but I have a hard time with the shortening of the days and the loss of light.  I can already begin to feel the mental heaviness beginning with the sun setting now setting before seven.  Today is set at 6:34 pm. I find myself rushing to get things done before the sun slides out of sight.  Otherwise, I quite like Fall. as a quieting of outside begins...  Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger