Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Morning Violets, Day Five
This painting was done this week, waiting in the wings for such a day as this. The day after a three day weekend, full of the new month errands, bill paying, and the unexpected death of my daughter's father-in-law. So a wake was in today's plan, a sad plan.
This little watercolor was done in a sketchbook the other morning. It is a little African Violet I found in Trader Joe's along with a pink one, which I actually painted yesterday in oil. I like doing sketchbook paintings and drawings of what is in front of me. I suppose I think, 'sketchbook', and relax. Usually I title the page, 'From Where I Sit'...though this one and a few others, I did not title in that way. They are a meditation of sorts and seem to lead me to my oils. I am finding a looseness now in my watercolors , a change in my approach, which I have been working towards. So with that, I offer it today.
My time will have to be budgeted well because I found out tonight I have a baby shower to attend for my first great grand babies. Yes, babies. Twins. A long hormonal story, mom just found out about the pregnancy and the twins, three weeks ago. I am making not one, but now two quilts. And if that is not enough pressure, was told tonight the shower is September 23. So I will continue all of these ventures with just budgeting out my time better, hoping for no more unexpected events...
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Day Eighteen
- From Another Place and Time, Day Seventeen
- Salt Kiss, Day Sixteen
- Flow, Day Fifteen
- Rose Hips, Day Fourteen
- Moses, Day Thirteen
- Charlestown Breachway, Day Twelve
- Aubergine Delight, Day Eleven
- Is Where The Story Begins, Day Ten
- Or With Hidden Sun, Day Nine
- Beach Rose Sunset, Day Eight
- Buried Stories, Day Seven
- Sunset Rose Hips, Day Six
- Morning Violets, Day Five
- Afternoon Sun, Day Four
- Shall We Go For A Ride?
- Sunset With Maggie oil, 9"x12" This is my Maggie ...
- Thirty in Thirty Challenge
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2008 (21)