Friday, May 30, 2008

All About Me...


Cindy tagged me for a meme. New one on me but I am game , I think...The rules: Posted here at the beginning. The player answers all questions. The player then chooses six people you want to know more about and tags those people by listing their names at the end of the post and going to their blog and leaving a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Also, you let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer. Not sure about the last part, the six people...it appears many have been tagged all ready. In any case let me begin:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

We had just bought our home and moved into it the end of April of 1998. So ten years ago I was putting my house together and putting in a garden. At the same time my husband had gotten injured at work which ended up requiring surgery...Also it was life with a twelve year old girl...twelve going on 42. And I was knitting, spinning, and sewing( quilts and clothing) for my sanity.

2. What were 5 things on my to do list today?

For this whole week the focus has been on getting my vegetable garden going and cleaning and organizing my basement as well as finish the front walk way project. I also have a week long watercolor workshop coming up so I am readying my supplies. Not bad, I only needed three tubes of paint. I have everything else. I am also trying to work out a profile /name draft using the name of the weaving guild I belong to. A learning curve for me. Not something I know allot about but something I do want to learn. My to do list kind of runs along in my head. All of my projects are pretty big deals requiring allot of heavy work right now. So little weaving or drawing is going on, too tired at the end of the day.

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

Pop corn, watermelon, peanuts, peanut butter, toast and grape jam, and more fruit...

4. Where are some places I have lived?

Rhode Island

5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?

I would pay off my home and give it to one of my daughters. I would pay off my other daughters home. Then buy the other three homes as well. In other words make sure each of my children had home security. Then I would decide where I would like to live...just as long as it was big enough to have a studio for art and weaving. A place for vegetable , flower and herb gardens. Sheep, goats, oh hell a few cows too... A place I could bring home what I want, dogs, chickens, or whatever. Then I would secure my children's and my grand children's education goals. It is all about security. Then I would really think about how I could help and make a difference. It would be nice to know that if I found a pressing need that I could do something. Not something I have given great thought to, however. Too practical I guess.

Ok, now here is the hard part for me, tagging someone, too shy I suppose for this sort of thing. The few I thought of have been tagged already. The others, well feel like I am intruding or something. Does one just e-mail someone and say you have been tagged? Well, consider yourself tagged. I am serious, take the burden from me...please!

Here is my Maggie doing one of her favorite activities, stretching on her back on the grass in the sun. She remained in this position long enough for me to run in the house , grab my camera and run back outside. She stayed like that as I shot a few photos of her, she was oblivious. Usually she follows me in the house. You know, I might be getting something to eat, wouldn't want to miss that...Anyway, pretty funny girl that Maggie. Don't you just wish you could do that? Anyway, have a great day and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

cindy said...

I knew you'd want cows!!! The question is what kind!!!

Powered By Blogger