Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lady Eleanor










There she lies, the wrap, not the dog, after a wash in Eucalon and a spin and blocking. And yes, I occasionally make a quilt when the need arises. I finished yesterday. It is now dry and I did wrap up in it and it feels very nice. I have not decided if I want a crocheted trim as the pattern displays it.

But then, yes, here she lies...also on a quilt. No matter where Maggie finds herself she always looks so comfortable and she gets down right cozy. It is her assumption that if something of comfort is left lying around then ofcourse it must be for her...quilts, furniture, anything soft. She is also very tactile. As I said a few days ago she teaches me about relaxing. Look at her...doesn't she cause you to just want to grab a blanket and a book and possibly a dog and go hide somewhere. That chair is near the woodstove...need I say more.




I thought I'd show my weaving progress so far. I have maybe another yard or so to weave. Then the twisting of the fringe and finishing with a wash. I'll show a before and after photo. I am planning a wrap from some handspun yarn for the next project. I am trying to keep something on the loom at all times and have a warp ready to go and have something in the planning stages, atleast that is the plan. Have a good day and thanks for reading.


5 comments:

cindy said...

Carol........Lady E is beautiful!!! And did you finish the quilt below it recently?

I'm loving the plaid fabric you've created.................what a productive fiberwoman you have been!!! Kudos............

Anonymous said...

Lady Eleanor is spectacular - don't forget to bring it to the next meeting! Maggie is adorable.

Patricia said...

Very nice, Lady Eleanor. Kristin pointed me here. I am working on my version.

Anonymous said...

The Lady really looks good with the lovely quilt. Your weaving is beautiful, too.

madelinetosh said...

what an absolutely beautiful blanket!

Powered By Blogger