Monday, February 18, 2008

And The Cow Jumped Over The Moon...


One of my favorite animals after the dog of course, are cows. Love the cows. Love all animals actually, but love those cows. But unfortunately someone designated them as dinner...So watching the news and seeing the cows in feed lots, stumbling, unable to walk to their demise just undoes me. I cry, say horrible things to the man on TV news who was prodding the cows to move. There is a little blurb on the front page our my local paper today that directs the reader to the story on page 2, that states "The U.S. Department of Agriculture recalls 143 million pounds of frozen beef-the largest on record-produced at a California slaughterhouse..."-The Providence Journal, February 18, 2008. Now there's a nice thought, getting your dinner from a slaughter house, nice gourmet touch...I can't go to a farm, pet the animals, then eat them. Can't do it. Don't want to do it. I get my protein from other sources. Some don't like to think about where their food comes from, others just don't care one way or the other. I personally don't care what others eat, none of my business. I have my feelings about it, but they are my feelings. But I do speak up when animals or humans are being mistreated, not that it does any good. But why would I expect animals to be treated in a humane manner when we are unable to even treat each other as such...Middle East, Africa, United States, here in our own neighborhoods...

Bon Appitite

Have a good day. And hey, just consider some alternatives...a non violent way of eating.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger