Saturday, June 2, 2007

More to learn today...

My daughter bought herself a wonderful new camera a couple of weeks ago, a Nikon D -80 and along with it she received 18 free digital camera lessons of which she can take a guest. She chose Mom. Aw. Her friend is joining us, so it should prove if nothing else today to be fun. Of course they both have the big guys for cameras, and I will be sporting my little Olympus FE-170. I am new to the digital world, so this is great. I carry my camera everywhere.
On the fiber front I finished the shawl of wool and silk. It needs to be steamed a little to neaten it up other than that it is soft and airy. The garden and new adventures of learning keep me really busy but am getting things done.
OK need to run. I am notoriously late for everything and my daughter is painfully punctual so I have been warned...I leave you with a shot I took on the way home from Shearing Day a few weeks ago. I was coming over the Jamestown Bridge and the sun was beginning to set. I t is really great to witness these moments.
Have a great day and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shawl looks so cozy. That is great that you will be taking camera lessons (especially nice that your daughter chose you to go!) I just have a little Kodak Easy Share, but it does what I need. And if I read the manual I bet I could learn a lot more. ;-D

cindy said...

That looks like the wool silk we all own Miss Carol. I made a table scarf with it on my rigid heddle....I loved what happened when I washed it.

The sunset is lovely.................go girl with all your camera lessons!!! Hope to see you soon..............

Powered By Blogger